CocktailsWhat is more important during the holiday season that a stiff drink? Here's some recipes to help take the edge off of seeing you're entire family and forced to listen to political and religious debates with the aunts and uncles out there. Drink responsibly and Enjoy!
|Frosted Mistletoe Margarita|
1. Combine the sugar and salt on a shallow plate. Rim each glass in salted sugar.
2. In a blender, combine the tequila, cranberry juice, orange liquor, lime juice, cranberries, and honey. Add the ice and blend until slushy. Add the orange zest and blend to combine. Pour into your prepared glasses. Garnish with rosemary and sugared cranberries, if desired. Drink!
1. In a medium bowl, stir together 2 cups fresh cranberries with 1/2 cup pure maple syrup. Let sit 10-15 minutes. Strain the cranberries, then add them to a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. Toss the cranberries with 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar until all the cranberries are coated. Allow the cranberries to dry, in a single layer, for at least one hour.
|Ginger Apple Moscow Mule|
1. Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
2. Combine the vodka, lime juice, apple cider, apple butter, and ginger in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until combined, about 1 minute. Strain into your prepared glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with apple slices, pomegranate arils, and cinnamon sticks.
|Spiced Maple Bourbon Fizz|
SPICED MAPLE SYRUP
1/2 cup maple syrup, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 tablespoon cardamon pods, 1 star anise, 1 inch fresh ginger (sliced), zest of 1 orange
1 1/2 ounces / 3 tablespoons bourbon, 1 ounce / 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-2 dashes orange bitters, 1 ounce / 2 tablespoons spiced maple syrup, champagne for topping
1. To make the spiced maple syrup. In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the maple, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, and ginger to a boil over high heat. Boil 2-3 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the orange zest. Let cool, then strain the syrup into a glass jar. This syrup makes enough for about 6 drinks.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, the bourbon, lemon juice, and orange bitters. Add ice and shake. Strain into a glass. Top off with champagne. Garnish with an orange slice and star anise, if desired.
|Pomegranate Ginger Paloma|
1/2 cup honey, 1 inch fresh ginger chopped, 8 leaves mint
crushed ice, 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, 1/3 cup grapefruit juice, juice of 1/2 a lime, 2-4 tablespoons ginger syrup, 2-3 ounces tequila, ginger beer or sparkling water for topping
1. Bring 1/2 cup water, the honey and ginger to a boil over high heat. Once boiling simmer, 1-2 minutes and then remove from the heat. Add the mint, cover and steep 10-15 minutes. Strain out the ginger and mint. Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
1. Fill your glass halfway with ice. Add the pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice, syrup, and tequila. Stir to combine and then top with ginger beer. Garnish with mint. enjoy!
|Holiday Pear Sangria|
1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine (I used Harry & David Pinot Gris), 1/2 cup pear or apple brandy, 1/3 cup cranberry or pomegranate juice, 1 cup apple cider, 2 Royal Riviera Pears (sliced), 2 blood oranges (sliced), 1 cup fresh cranberries, 1/4 cup candied ginger, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1-2 (12 ounce) ginger beers.
1. In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredients except the ginger beer. Stir and then place in the fridge until chilled.
2. Before serving, add the ginger beer. Fill each glass with ice and pour the sangria over the ice. If desired top with more ginger beer. Drink up!
|Eggnog Espresso Martini with Rum|
1 ounce dark spiced rum (or bourbon or vodka), 1 ounce kahlua , 1 ounce espresso or cold brew , 3–4 ounces eggnog (depending on the size of your cocktail glass), 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract , Pinch of salt, Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously until frothy and well chilled – for 15-30 seconds. Strain into a glass and top with more cinnamon or nutmeg, and a coffee bean or two if desired.
2. This recipe could also be prepared the same way and served on the rocks.
|Bad Santa White Russian|
1/4 cup honey, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup vodka, 1/4 cup Kahlua, 1 ounce espresso, 2-4 tablespoons, cinnamon syrup, 2-4 tablespoons half and half or cream, chocolate sauce and coarse vanilla sugar for the rim
1. To make the cinnamon syrup. In a medium pot, combine 1/2 cup water, the honey, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 3-5 minutes, then remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract. Let cool. Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. This makes enough for 6 drinks.
2. If desired, rim your glass with chocolate sauce and sugar.
3. To make the Russian. Fill your glass with ice. Add the vodka, Kahlua, espresso, and vanilla syrup. Stir. Add the half and half and stir to combine. Garnish with cinnamon, if desired.
Vanilla Sugar: Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1/2 a vanilla bean, seeds scraped.
Go to the top.